Building Materials Supplier Seeks Store Manager
TalentID, a division of Schaffer Associates, is recruiting for a Store Manager for a regional building materials supplier in Clinton, South Carolina. In particular, our Client is looking for a motivated, service oriented professional to provide support, sales direction, and supervision at the Clinton location. The Store Manager will be responsible for effectively managing all facets of the store, warehouse, and yard to include profitability, inventory control, sales and budget performance, safety, and directing and developing staff. Qualified candidates must be familiar with the building supply industry, as well as sales, estimating, window and door take-offs, and variable pricing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
Management & Development of Staff
- Provide leadership and supervision to the warehouse team.
- Oversee the daily operation of the store, warehouse, and yard, while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations, as well as planning, monitoring, developing, coordinating, and enforcing productivity standards.
- Train, develop, and motivate employees in the selling process from the beginning interaction through the closing of a sale.
- Communicate with staff pertinent information regarding sales, promotions, advertising, inventory control, merchandising, and all other relevant industry and company information.
- Responsible for maintaining strict inventory control through accuracy measurements, cycle counts, and annual counts.
- Review turns and margins; set and monitor procedural expectations in these areas.
- Minimize loss through proper procedures, routine audits of paperwork and practices, and customer service standards.
- Maintain a clean and efficient warehouse.
Customer Service & Sales
- Model the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Take responsibility for the entire sales process from prospect through delivery and follow-up.
- Encourage and coach associates to achieve the highest levels of customer service, product knowledge, and working knowledge of the building supply industry.
- Manage budgets and forecasts, costs and expenses, and sales analysis and reporting
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prior experience in a building supply warehouse leadership role.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to lift 75-100 lbs at a minimum.
This job posting is for information purposes only.
Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. TalentID, a division of Schaffer Associates, is dedicated to meeting our clients’ talent needs by supporting the hiring of “mission critical” individual contributor and entry-level management talent. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com