Regional Sales Director Needed for Building Products Manufacturer
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Regional Sales Director for a respected manufacturer and distributor within the residential and commercial construction industries in the Northeast. Our Client prides itself on its long-standing ability to bring high quality brands and creative thought leadership to the industry as part of its overarching effort to support businesses’ growth. Importantly, our Client fosters a solid corporate culture and is committed to making a difference in its community, both through its organization as a whole and its individual employees.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the NE Regional Sales Director will have complete responsibility for market growth and Sales P&L for a growing business unit in the Northeast. This position necessarily involves planning, directing, training, and leading all activities of the sales organization within the specified region. This role offers a unique and challenging opportunity for an individual with strong business acumen, deep Northeast relationships, high energy, and entrepreneurial gifts to create a market leadership position for this business unit.
The qualified candidate for NE Regional Sales Director will be an energetic, organized self-starter possessing a desire to “build something.” He or she must also have demonstrated leadership abilities and a commitment to self-development as well as business development. Finally, the NE Regional Sales Director must have the ability to model and inspire others to model the Company’s core values, which include, among others: servant leadership, integrity, sound judgment, and mentoring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Develop, in coordination with the Company’s Leadership Team, an aggressive growth plan that addresses revenue targets, and key account opportunities, addressing channels of distribution, customer groups and key brand categories.
- Oversee all sales and sales-related functions; including sales strategy, sales training, forecasting, territory management and people development.
- Mentor and coach a seasoned, highly skilled team of sales professionals, continually working to develop their skills.
- Expand existing relationships in this market and establish new ones.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years of experience building and leading a dynamic sales organization.
- Excellent demonstrated leadership development skills.
- Established relationships with relevant businesses in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic States.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to make critical decisions while following Company procedures.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, detail orientation, and persistent follow through.
- Evidence of leadership inside and outside of the business role.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at the same time.
- Ability to confidently lead, inspire, encourage, and motivate a successful team in accordance with the Company’s corporate culture.
- Confident, independent self-starter with competitive drive, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.