Building Products Manufacturer Seeks General Managers
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for General Managers for a national building products manufacturer in the Pittsburgh and Baltimore markets. The General Manager must have B2C experience and will be tasked with running day-to-day operations and driving sales. Our Client is looking for a confident business leader with experience effectively managing and running a business as he or she will have full P&L responsibility. Excellent communication and leadership skills are crucial to success in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Develop and implement sales programs and P&L strategies
- Coach and motivate staff to achieve peak performance
- Maintain knowledge and trends in the in-home sales industry
- Develop local advertising and marketing efforts to generate sales opportunities
- Effectively interact with external and internal customers and employees
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ensure work quality standards of subcontractors and installation crews
- Maintain operational compliance with corporate policies, practices, procedures, and government regulation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum 5 years of management experience, sales, and construction management experience in a business to consumer environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of financial documents and general accounting
- Experience managing Profit and Loss
- Computer software competencies including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work standard retail hours including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to relocate both for training program and job placement
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART. Contact us today for help with your officer-level or mid-management level search.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**