Consumer Building Products Manufacturer Seeks Assistant Field Service Managers
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for Assistant Field Service Managers in Cincinnati, OH, and Sacramento, CA, for a nationally based consumer building products manufacturer. Our Client is specifically focused on selling into the home improvement and dealer channels. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, the Assistant Field Service Manager is responsible for supporting daily operations and processes, taking initiative to maximize sales and profit, and supporting the sub-contractor program with a “hands on” approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Partner with Management to protect and maintain company assets and resources to include, but not limited to, inventory, product handling and physical facility.
- Lead the acquisition of and maintaining a strong core team of sub-contractors to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members and management.
- Assist in timely completion of all auditing procedures/inventory schedules.
- Assist with inventory related activities including ordering, receiving, storing, shipping, repairing products, and filing claims.
- Assist in carrying out promotional merchandising plans within the territory and maintain presentation standards as directed by the organization.
- Promote a safe work environment and ensure compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written formats and maintain company confidentiality practices and policies.
- Partner with HR to ensure compliance and communication is maintained, assisting with other projects and training as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2+ years of experience in a similar capacity with relevant employment supervision, construction/building materials experience, and sub-contractor directive to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Proficient knowledge of wood working, building products or construction preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient fork lift operation skill.
- Basic understanding of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Control and Profit & Loss.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Current valid driver’s license.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to make decisions in a tactful and justifiable manner.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to adhere to and complete inventory and auditing procedures and schedules.
- Strong listening skills and proven ability to be a team player; excellent internal and external communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain proficiency with current and changing technologies.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.