CPG Manufacturer Looks to Hire Senior VP Sales & Marketing
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing for a CPG manufacturer focused on selling into home improvement and mass merchant channels. In particular, our Client is looking for an experienced 21st century sales leader with a keen eye for cutting edge technologies and processes to drive the Company’s sales efforts. **Please note that specific experience in the paint and coatings industry is required for this position.**
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for executing and driving a comprehensive business plan that will result in the delivery of sales and profit growth. This position is located in the upper Midwest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Building and executing business plans to deliver against commitments
- Delivering budget and pushing to stretch plan
- Leading the organization as a member of the Executive Leadership Team
- Leading the sales and marketing organizations
- Collaborating with peers in Operations, Finance, R&D, and HR
- Actively participate in developing annual strategic business plans
- Develop an annual operating plan for the business unit
- Board of Directors meeting reporting
- Leading and managing Sales and Marketing teams with a focus on development of the team members by establishing stretch goals and actionable individual development plans.
- Partnering with the Supply Chain team to lead the S&OP process for the business.
- Managing key customer relationships and leading high level interfaces.
- Collaborating with R&D to lead a robust new product development process.
Lead two sales organizations to profitable sales through direct involvement with personnel development, customer interaction and relationship building:
- 1) Direct retailers: The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, Menard’s and more
- 2) Hardware co-ops and distributors including Ace, Do It Best, True Value, Orgill, Sherwin Williams and more
Lead the marketing organization to provide research to create competitive advantage, best in class sales support to retail partners, expertise in DIY messaging and merchandising, creative new product development and on target specialty products and promotions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Please note the following required qualifications prior to submitting an application for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years of sales experience with a proven track record of driving growth.
- 10+ years of senior sales management experience.
- Must have experience in the paint and coatings industry; consumer products industry experience strongly preferred.
- Must have experience managing a business of at least $50M in revenue.
- Must have managed field sales teams.
- Must have worked in a leadership capacity, preferably serving as a member of a business unit executive leadership team.
- Must have experience managing home center relationships; experience interacting with Walmart, Lowes and The Home Depot is highly preferable.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and familiarity with the strategies and tactics needed to develop and grow new business opportunities.
- Committed to continuous improvement in managing all aspects of the business.
- Advanced leadership and management skills with a proven track record of delegating and directing to meet and exceed results.
- Focused on providing ongoing formal and informal training to drive career development of direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive in identifying issues and recommending solutions
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART. Contact us today for help with your officer-level or mid-management level search.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com