Custom Window Manufacturer Seeks Sales Account Executive
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Window Sales Account Executive for a custom window manufacturer in the greater New York City area. Our Client is looking for a dynamic professional to join the sales team, which is backed by a tremendous support staff to ensure successful completion of each project. This is a unique opportunity for a confident, highly motivated and successful high-end window sales professional with exceptional attention to detail and who is looking to play a key role in the growth of our Client’s organization.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, this dynamic, high initiative Window Sales Account Executive will successfully address well-qualified leads and creatively seek out new business opportunities. Our Client’s Window Sales Account Executives are required to be involved in all aspects of their projects from start to finish and are generously compensated for their efforts. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong time management skills, and the ability to manage his/her schedule productively with limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver sales of our Client’s premium window products and service to its highly selective clientele by confidently, enthusiastically, and passionately promoting the value of its products and services.
- Drive sales through exceptional customer service from initial contact through successful project completion.
- Develop innovative methods to assess a prospect’s needs and be decisive in proposing solutions.
- Prepare accurate, complete, and appropriate quotations on a timely basis after each sales visit.
- Provide timely and consistent follow-up with clients after initial proposal has been submitted to answer questions or to provide additional information.
- Prepare and submit final contract documents, clearly outlining scope of work and all job specific requirements.
- Assist the engineering department in the interpretation of client-provided information to ensure accuracy of work being planned.
- Review material prepared by the CAD department for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to clients for final approval.
- Provide accurate and timely recording of sales activity status in central Sales Log.
- Participate regularly in product presentations from outside vendors.
- Develop potential prospects by targeting specific buildings that will benefit from our Client’s products and services. Identify and contact related decision-makers.
- Conduct product presentations to industry-related decision makers including but not limited to Architects, Designers, General Contractors, and Managing Agents.
- Maintain expense log and submit monthly accounting.
- Currently reside or willing to relocate to the New York Metro area
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Strong ability to promote our premium window products and services.
- Active listening skills with consistent ability to seek clarification in an appropriate manner.
- Well organized, punctual and enthusiastic with a strong attention to detail.
- High integrity and strong work ethic.
- Presentation skills in line with the high standards of our customers.
- Excellence in project management.
- Outstanding proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with special emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Physical requirements of the position may include, but are not limited to, ascending and descending ladders, stairs and scaffolding during visits to customer sites in around the NYC metropolitan area. The successful candidate will be accustomed to construction site settings (noise, debris, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
- A track record of successful window sales experience. Experience with premium window products and/or window service in New York City is a plus.
Our Client offers a highly competitive compensation structure and guaranteed salary during the training period. Benefits include medical, dental and life insurance, a retirement plan with employer matched contributions, car/transportation allowance, and easily accessible offices with ample free parking.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Schaffer Associates is a national executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART. Contact us today for help with your officer-level or mid-management level search.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com