DIY Products Manufacturer Seeks Vice President of Marketing
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Vice President of Marketing for a DIY products manufacturer in the New York metro area. This leadership position is responsible for the overall marketing efforts of our Client in support of its growth in sales and profitability. In coordination with the senior management team, this position will be primarily responsible to develop marketing strategies for the entire Company’s product assortment that will assure development of new product per category annually into the DIY and/or professional distribution channels.
This individual will have a strong understanding of the channels of distribution and how best to position and sell the Company’s products in each. The responsibility will also include, but not be limited to, leading a marketing team that will enhance the business segment, brand, and channel marketing efforts.
The Vice President of Marketing will provide leadership to the management team in developing new and innovative approaches to marketing products through the professional and retail channels. Working closely with the Sales team, and reporting directly to the President, the position will hold the responsibility for developing the strategic marketing plans that will enable the Company to achieve its goals and assume accountability for their success. The idea candidate for this position will be a self-starter who is aggressive and highly motivated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute defined strategic marketing and business development plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Strategically align marketing with sales to ensure strong communication flow and joint effort to deliver on key marketing performance goals.
- Must be able to research, develop and deliver key customer marketing efforts to best position the Company brand throughout entire customer base.
- Evaluate and recommend new distribution channel development strategies. Along with the Sales team, manage and implement channel marketing strategies by key accounts such as: Big box retailers, Co-op accounts, two-step distribution customers and all others that may be determined to require a unique promotional approach.
- Lead, guide and direct marketing team to most effectively reach targeted customer channels.
- Evaluate and recommend best rep agency to address each channel.
- Monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Leverage customer and channel knowledge to best determine the success of new product concepts, identify product line opportunities through “gap” analysis, and identify pricing sensitivities that will enhance profitability.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support the Company’s sales and revenue objectives. Assist in the analysis, preparation and approval process for annual product category plans, profit forecasts and operational budgets.
- Define, implement, and manage a new product development process that may consist of “stage gates” or review points in the pipeline to expedite and control the process from ideation through concept screening with customers and consumers, prototype development, and testing and market introduction plans.
- Oversee the development and production of promotional merchandising strategies, POP materials, Internet marketing initiatives, and other supportive collateral materials.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.B.A.) or equivalent; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be prerequisite.
- Experience in building materials industry is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with focus on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com
This job posting is for information purposes only.
Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.