Door/Cabinet Shop Operations Manager Needed for LBM Dealer
TalentID, a division of Schaffer Associates, is recruiting for a Door and Cabinet Shop Operations Manager for a highly-respected LBM dealer based in Hawaii. Our Client supports nine locations around the Hawaiian Islands, as well as one location on the West Coast. The Door and Cabinet Shop Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of an expanding door shop providing pre-hung interior and exterior doors to our Client’s residential and commercial builder clients throughout the Hawaiian Islands. He/she will also be responsible for overseeing cabinet assembly and the distribution to both contractor and retail accounts. As the plant is expanded and thereafter, the Shop Operations Manager will manage job order and production scheduling, product flow, quality control, safety, purchasing, inventory control, shipping and receiving, invoicing, and all shop personnel. He or she will also be responsible for P&L, budgeting, and expenses of the combined facility.
- Provide insight and direction in production management, plant layout, and capital equipment acquisition for the expanded door shop facility.
- Regularly evaluate current operations, and develop and implement improvement to create greater efficiencies and cost savings.
- Develop, document, and maintain relevant KPIs in all areas of the door shop to ensure efficiencies; continually monitoring KPIs for improvement; and generating necessary KPI reports for management.
- Ensure that all quality measurements are in place and consistently monitored to meet both company and industry standards.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained, and propose items that need upgrading or refurbishing.
- Maintain timely and accurate delivery for each order.
- Keep an accurate inventory of all door shop components, cabinet parts and final product, and supplies.
- Train associates on the proper use of the door equipment.
- Develop and maintain an operational budget with a focus on improvement and long-term profitability.
- Lead, guide, and develop the shop through effective hiring, supervision, and performance evaluation techniques. Provide consistent direction and establish rules, procedures, and work schedules to ensure the efficiency of the operation.
- Establish a work environment that engenders positive energy and teamwork among employees.
- Miscellaneous projects as determined by the company.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a pre-hung door shop. Experience launching a new door shop or other building material component manufacturing facility is highly desired.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents (i.e. policies and procedures manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and speak/present in front of a small group.
- Demonstrated successes in leading operations driven by continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office. Experience working with inventory management software, manufacturing software, and an order processing system. Knowledge of and experience working with the Falcon ERP system is a plus.
- Experience managing P&L, with experience defining and developing annual operating budgets, capital expenditure requirements, and all other financing requests.
- Ability to integrate effectively with executive leadership and the field management team to establish rapport and credibility as a collaborative member of the team.
- Exceptional integrity, with a proven commitment to high standards and ethics in relationships with fellow employees, customers, suppliers, and trade partners.
- Necessary leadership skills to drive continuous improvement through both existing and new processes with a dedicated team approach, as well as persistence in identifying and eliminating the root cause of inefficient processes.
- Analytical skills with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of developing and implementing systems that measure and report KPI metrics and provide actionable information to management personnel at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization as well as with customers, suppliers, members of the business community, etc.
- Strong leadership skills in coaching and developing employees, including mentoring the team, supporting their professional development, and evaluating job performance.
This job posting is for information purposes only.
Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. TalentID, a division of Schaffer Associates, is dedicated to meeting our clients’ talent needs by supporting the hiring of “mission critical” individual contributor and entry-level management talent. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com