GMIT Needed for Southwest LBM Dealer
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a General Manager in Training (GMIT) for one of the largest lumber dealers nationwide. Our Client is looking to hire a Manager Trainee for any of its locations in the Southwest. The Company services both the residential and commercial construction sectors of the industry. Marketing to professional contractors and remodelers, our Client prides itself on carrying a full line of construction products, ranging from roof and floor trusses, roofing, sheathing, wall panels, drywall, insulation, doors, and windows. The GMIT position represents a great opportunity with a well known lumber company that is committed to investing in its future managers. The GMIT will benefit from onsite training from an experienced Store Manager and from the Regional Vice President. The Company is happy to offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits, to the qualified candidate for GMIT.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
General Managers are responsible for the overall performance of their assigned operation, including achieving sales goals and profit objectives while satisfying our client’s needs.
The General Manager will:
- Optimize sales and profits at assigned operation.
- Develop goals and objectives in conjunction with the Regional Vice President.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients.
- Provide quality customer service through personal interaction with clients and through associates.
- Promote awareness of the Company and its products and services.
- Manage inventory, property and equipment to ensure the Company’s assets are adequately protected and to increase returns and minimize shrink.
- Identify trends and take proactive or remedial action to handle business situations.
- Ensure the operation is staffed with qualified, motivated and engaged associates.
- Develop his or her maximum potential through regular coaching and training.
The ideal GMIT candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of two to five years of management experience in a lumber/building materials operation and experience working with national and custom builders or similar experience/education.
Our Client offers competitive Salary/Commission plans, as well as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, and 401(k).
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART. Contact us today for help with your officer-level or mid-management level search.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.