HVAC Account Manager Needed for Baltimore-Washington Market
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an HVAC Account Manager in the Baltimore-Washington market. Our Client is a leading HVAC and commercial roofing distributor focused on building positive customer relationships by delivering quality products and outstanding customer support. The Account Manager will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and increasing the designated sales territory by adhering to budget guidelines, interacting with the Client’s customer base, and engaging in proactive selling. Additionally, our Client will look to the Account Manager to provide technical expertise as well as feedback to the branch sales team and appropriate corporate personnel.
Essential Duties & Tasks
- Developing customer account relationships and sales opportunities within a designated sales territory.
- Developing the territory and sales plan to target key customers and prioritize sales activities.
- Qualifying new and existing opportunities to determine revenue potential.
- Positioning products and services as a strategic advantage to customers; communicating value proposition and business drivers.
- Negotiating with customers to grow business while maintaining margin targets.
- Monitoring market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Providing technical and specification support service to customers, including budgetary pricing.
- Providing details and displaying/demonstrating products using samples or catalog; emphasizing saleable features.
- Quoting prices and availability for materials as requested.
- Managing customer concerns fairly, promptly, and effectively.
- Representing the company in a professional manner with customers, employees, and suppliers.
- Traveling throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and talk with customers.
- Completing and submitting required company reports of sales activities including expense accounts, DPS reporting, and account activity in a timely manner.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED required; college degree preferred.
- 2-4 years’ sales experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management and planning skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to meet goals, and to partner and build relationships with vendors, building owners, and others.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at SchafferAssociates.com