LBM Dealer Looks to Hire Custom Millwork Area Manager
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Custom Millwork Area Manager for a leading national building materials dealer in the Eastern United States. Our Client is a national LBM supplier that provides high quality building products to professional contractors and “DIY”-ers alike. Ranked as one of the Nation’s leading LBM dealers, the Company prides itself on its commitment to providing every customer with a highly individualized and positive buying experience.
Reporting to the Vice President of Store Operations, the Custom Millwork Area Manager will be responsible for maintaining our Client’s high-end custom millwork reputation by working with customers to creatively identify their needs in custom designed woodwork and/or historical replication. This key individual is responsible for driving sales growth and efficiencies that will increase margins and profits, and oversees four current millwork locations with the potential for future locations. This role includes evaluating, prioritizing, planning, delegating, administrating, and adapting to the current and future needs of the business. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail and the ability to communicate with the customer as well as the ability to communicate customer needs back to the local shop teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Review architectural plans & specs, perform blueprint and shop drawing take off’s and price change orders.
- Drive millwork sales growth and manage gross margin to company expectations.
- Maintain a project budget and the overall billing projections for the company.
- Write and submit Requests For Information (RFI’s) when required, to ensure the necessary information is obtained and distributed so that various processes may proceed in a timely manner.
- Communicate budgets internally and externally.
- Take accurate field measurements if necessary.
- Source specialty materials/processes as required. Determine equipment needs and maintenance requirements.
- Provide detailed project schedules with critical milestones.
- Attend project and or subcontractor meetings as required and document necessary information.
- Request and coordinate samples for submittals in conjunction with engineering and production.
- Annual travel ranging from 50-75% is expected for this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), (BS Degree preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in a similar capacity within custom millwork or the lumber/building materials industry.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Experience in high-end residential & commercial architectural millwork.
- Knowledge of CNC programming – experience in machinery including CNC Router, Moulder, Drum Sander, Spindle Sander, Shaper, Disc Sander, Band Saw, Planer, Jointer, Air Compressor, Dust Collection System, assorted hand-held Power Tools.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with AutoCAD or BIM (Business Information Modeling), Microsoft Excel and Word; familiarity with Microsoft Project and scheduling technologies very helpful.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to think creatively and communicate value- added services with customers
- Able to effectively communicate with Architects, Designers, General Contractors, Vendors, and Subcontractors in a professional manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to create project teams and identify necessary equipment requirements to ensure projects completed on time and on budget.
- Strong listening skills and proven ability to be a team player; excellent internal and external communication and interpersonal skills.
- Documented planning skills: experience developing and managing project plans, preparing timelines/critical path schedules, and coordinating with production.
- Able to maintain proficiency with current and changing technologies.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.