LBM Distributor Looks to Hire Lumber Sales & Operations Manager
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Lumber Sales and Operations Manager for a leading LBM distributor in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Reporting to the Lumber Division Manager, the Lumber Sales and Operations Manager will be responsible for directing a large sales team, preparing and leading special events, and building relationships with vendors and other members of the lumber industry. In particular, these responsibilities will require a high degree of motivation, commitment, and servant leadership to expand market share and grow sales. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of the lumber industry and will be able to lead a team by setting expectations, motivating, and holding staff accountable in meeting individual and departmental sales goals. There will be a high degree of interaction and coordination of activities with the Lumber Division Manager, Vice President of Lumber and Building Materials, and staff in other departments. Notably, the Lumber Sales and Operations Manager will have the responsibility of representing the Lumber Division in meetings with vendors and will assist the Division Manager in program negotiations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Manage the Lumber Sales staff in the Company’s home office and any assigned regional offices.
- Administer incentive programs and help the sales team achieve their goals.
- Direct promotions and sales activities related to the Company’s products and markets.
- Prepare and lead special sales events throughout the year.
- Responsible for direct reports yearly evaluations
- Prepare monthly staff scorecards, annual evaluations for direct reports, and other departmental reports as needed.
- Provide input and insight when needed for purchasing larger than normal quantities.
- Travel to vendors, industry meetings, conventions, etc.
- Special assignments and projects as required by Division Manager or Vice President of Lumber and Building Materials.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- LBM industry and product knowledge
- Previous personnel management experience. Specifically, sales team management or purchasing team management is crucial.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong relationship building abilities.
- Ability to coach and motivate staff.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to instill trust and respect with others.
- Negotiating abilities.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Well-versed in using PC and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to see overall corporate picture and act on long term strategies.
- Strongly motivated to succeed, aggressive desire to grow market share and increase sales.
This job posting is for information purposes only.
Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Schaffer Associates is a national executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com