Leading Building Products Manufacturer Seeks VP of Channel Marketing
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Vice President of Channel Marketing—Replacement & Renovation Products for a leading manufacturer of exterior building products in Ohio. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing, Product Development, and Product Management, the Vice President of Channel Marketing will lead individual and cross-functional efforts in the development and delivery of channel strategies designed to maximize growth and value of specific product segments.
Importantly, this role is designed for a channel marketing professional who is able to initiate and develop a team that is focused on both creation and execution of strategic plans while supporting immediate and aggressive revenue growth. Using inter- and intra-departmental collaboration, creativity, and a passionate desire to directly and positively impact channel results, the successful candidate for this role will drive measurable improvement in this segment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- In partnership with internal stakeholders, drive sustained revenue, market share and margin growth through effective annual and multi-year channel strategies for Dealer and Commercial/Supply Center channels.
- Attract, retain, and develop a high-performing team of channel marketing resources focused on both near term and strategic objectives of the function.
- Collaborating with Product Management to deliver high level structured Situational Assessments and Opportunity Screenings which contribute to the overall market strategy.
- Build strong working relationships across the Company’s Sales and Product Management organizations to enhance the role of Channel Marketing as a key driver to the Company’s growth strategy.
- Develop and implement channel strategies designed to maximize growth and increase value of the Company’s products.
- Develop improved positioning of the Company’s products through sound business case, value proposition, and marketing strategy.
- Identify and continuously update, through both consistent reporting and executive presentations, strategic objectives of entire channel.
- Develop and implement effective annual marketing mix strategies consisting of product, promotions, placements, price, and value.
- Identify, secure, and manage key external partner relationships critical to successful channel marketing strategies.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional internal resources and teams to effectively execute programs or activities directly related to the objectives of the overall channel strategy.
- Build relationships with: Sales Leadership teams, building a strong platform for service delivery and both individual and departmental improvements; Product Management and Pricing teams, building seamless channel strategies; and external and professional association colleagues, leveraging knowledge share and best practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing; MBA strongly preferred.
- 10 or more years of channel marketing experience, preferably in residential construction materials (renovation & remodeling) or a related industry.
- A strong understanding of or direct experience with distribution channels related to the residential construction materials business.
- Demonstrated success in leading the development and execution of corporate marketing plans designed to drive profitable sales growth.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, retaining and developing individuals and teams built on a performance and accountability culture
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a visible and articulate champion of successful, results-based channel marketing strategies.
- Must possess strong presentation skills along with demonstrated business acumen.
- Extraordinary communication skills with proven creativity, agility, and a strong sense of self awareness.
- Ability to travel, estimated at 20%.
**This job posting is for information purposes only.
Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com