Leading Hard Surfaces Company Looks to Hire Director, National Builder Program
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director, National Builder Program for a leading national hard surfaces company in Atlanta, Georgia. The Director, National Builder Program will be responsible for identifying opportunities and developing programs to partner with large regional and national residential builders. Programs will include full portfolio of products, including natural stone, quartz countertops, porcelain and stone flooring, along with a full line of wall tile and mosaics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Prospecting, securing, and registering new regional builders/custom builders, as well as developing business relationships with new design center managers and new interior designers; reviewing products and merchandising programs with new builders, design centers, and interior designers.
- Working internally with the appropriate department to develop systems, processes, and resources to support these programs.
- Servicing new/existing builders, design centers, and designers by making sales calls, developing business relationships, and keeping them apprised of products and merchandising programs.
- Working with builders to specify products on their residential projects.
- Computing customer’s installation costs and estimated savings to be derived from new products and services offered.
- Working closely with interior designers and other builder’s staff to set up both model homes and design centers.
- Holding product knowledge seminars for builders and designers.
- Negotiating price and terms of sale and long-term service agreements, along with preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders.
- Maintaining customer records; developing and using automated systems as required.
- Answering customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Emphasizing product features based on analyses of customers’ needs, knowledge of competition, and technical knowledge of product capabilities.
- Assisting customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations or code requirements.
- Communicating product forecasting needs with Corporate Planning to ensure a balanced inventory of product on hand to meet the builders’ needs.
- Performing other assigned duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Experience in the Residential Home Builder Industry and established relationships selling building materials on a national scale is required.
- Working knowledge of builder operations and/or residential sales.
- Proven ability in data-based decision-making with a solid understanding of business metrics and the interpretation thereof.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Speaking – Talking to other to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understanding the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Drive – Always aiming to drive new business and develop new opportunities.
- Travel – The ability to travel is required.
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART.
This job posting is for information purposes only.
Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.