National Home Improvement Retailer Looks to Hire B2B Director
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Business to Business (B2B) for a well-known national retailer of hardware and home improvement products. Our Client is currently focusing on the B2B sector as part of a strategic initiative for long-term growth within the company. Our Client recognizes that, as a business driver, the B2B arena affords a tremendous amount of opportunity that requires strong leadership and strategic vision that also aligns with the company’s position as a forward-thinking, progressive leader in the home improvement retail industry. In this context, the focus of the B2B Director will be to drive increased B2B sales for this traditional retailer.
For more information, contact Brian Howell at (704) 837-4754 or brian@consultSA.com.
Industry: Retailer | Sector: Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Reports to: VP Retail Development & Supply | Location: Chicago, IL
Reporting to the Vice President of Retail Development & Supply, the Director of Business to Business (B2B) will be asked to lead the vision and strategy of the B2B department and will be responsible for growing industry Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) market share. The position will involve leading Corporate and Field based teams by overseeing the development of the tools, resources and store support required to drive store implementation. Additionally, the B2B Director will ensure integration of all B2B initiatives throughout the appropriate corporate functional departments, form relationships with the retailers regarding the B2B program, and keep officer and board level leadership abreast of the ROI and progress of the B2B program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Director of Business to Business will be responsible for the following:
- Creating the strategy for accelerated growth in the company’s Business to Business program, including but not limited to: e-commerce, national accounts, and store level product mix, people (training) and promotion.
- Developing, communicating, leading, and ensuring execution of the vision of the Business to Business department.
- Motivating and influencing the company around the concept of local stores, with a focus on selling more to other local businesses in the community.
- Managing and providing guidance to the team responsible for driving improved retail execution and implementation to grow house account sales to represent at least 30% of store sales.
- Serving as the key decision maker and ensuring that Business to Business is incorporated into key corporate functional areas, including Merchandising, Category Management, Consumer Marketing, Retail Training, Retail Operations and Retail Development.
- Overseeing and ensuring that the team is working cross-functionally with departmental leadership to align on responsibilities, goals and deliverables.
- Providing leadership and guiding the Business to Business program.
- Developing fact-based, consumer-driven retailing programs, which optimize all aspects of doing commercial business within retail locations.
- Developing the marketing strategy to retailers, which will include the oversight of a comprehensive store implementation package, including associate training, technology and operationalized best practices.
- Determining, analyzing, and reviewing all metrics related to the Business to Business program to ensure the ROI is evident and successful.
- Developing and leading execution of necessary revisions to ensure optimal performance of the program.
- Team building and coaching, which will involve creating, encouraging, and supporting interdepartmental work solutions, while providing a clearer and more focused picture of the Business to Business Teams’ goals, objectives, assets and deficiencies.
- Supporting and mentoring team leaders by providing the communication of larger corporate visions, while endorsing individual creative solutions and analysis of departmental opportunities.
Education & Experience
The Director of Business to Business must meet the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; Master’s Degree a plus
- 5+ years of Business to Business, Commercial, or MRO experience required
- 10+ years of retail/wholesale merchandising, marketing, or store operations experience with a proven track record of strategic leadership and program implementation
- Successful development of programs within the retail/wholesale industries proven to generate profit for an organization
- Strong visionary and strategic leadership skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage team members
- Ability to develop relationships and credibility with individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong communication skills
- Thorough understanding of a small business model
- Proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint