Plant Manager Needed for Pressure Treated Lumber Yard
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Plant Manager for a pressure treated lumber yard in coastal North Carolina. Our Client is a rapidly growing company that operates several facilities in North Carolina and caters primarily to contractor-based lumber plants throughout the Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, West Virginia, and the Mid-Atlantic states. Dedicated to building partnership relationships with its customers, our Client espouses core values that are based on a commitment to providing quality products and outstanding service with honesty and integrity.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, the Plant Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the production activities within the facility. Importantly, the Plant Manager will be tasked with meeting production goals while maintaining a commitment to safety and quality. **Prior wood treating experience is required for this role.**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Establishing production schedules to meet customer demand, while maintaining and increasing production efficiencies.
- Leading hourly teammates; directing and facilitating problem-solving and continuous improvement initiatives in a production environment.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and supervising daily activities of 10+ production employees.
- Coordinating production and shipping of product in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures.
- Ensuring employee safety and compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Fostering positive employee team relations and compliance in accordance with company policy.
- Monitoring equipment and implementing preventative maintenance programs.
- Taking responsibility for the overall success of the facility.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma, or equivalent required; B.S. degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the wood treating process; a minimum of 5 years of experience in the wood treating business in a leadership role.
- Experience in dry kiln operations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles is preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently of immediate supervision.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with Microsoft-based programs.
- Economic and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to become fork lift certified.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
This position includes a base salary plus a bonus tied to location revenue. The Company also offers an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and 401K. Relocation assistance will be provided as needed.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.