Service Operations Managers Needed for Consumer Building Products Manufacturer
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for Service Operations Managers in Cincinnati, OH, and Albany, NY, for a nationally based consumer building products manufacturer. Our Client is specifically focused on selling into the home improvement and dealer channels. Among a variety of activities, the Service Operations Manager is responsible for management and development of branch staff with a focus on maximizing sales and profits, growing the sub-contractor program and delivering exceptional customer experiences by communicating effectively. This role reports to the Regional Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Promote and provide a safe work environment.
- Provide feedback to staff and management.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to grow the profitability of the branch and market.
- Lead the acquisition of and maintain a strong core team of sub-contractors to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Manage inventory including but not limited to: ordering, receiving, storing, shipping, and repairing of product and filing claims.
- Timely completion of all auditing procedures and inventory schedules.
- Complete promotional merchandising plans within the market by maintaining presentation standards.
- Protect company assets and resources including but not limited to: wellbeing of staff, inventory, product handling, and physical facility.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written formats and maintain company confidentiality practices and policies.
- Partner with HR to ensure compliance and communication is maintained, assisting with other projects and training as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar capacity in employee management, construction/building materials, and sub-contractor directive to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Proficient knowledge of wood working, building products or construction preferred.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient fork lift operation skill.
- Basic understanding of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Control and P&L.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Current valid driver’s license.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to make decisions in a tactful and justifiable manner.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to adhere to and complete inventory and auditing procedures and schedules.
- Strong listening skills and proven ability to be a team player; excellent internal and external communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain proficiency with current and changing technologies.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.