Territory Sales Manager Needed for Building Products Dealer
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Territory Sales Manager for a dynamic, growing building products dealer in the Northeast New York/Western New England Region. With 25 years of experience, our Client prides themselves in carrying only the leading names in high performance windows and doors for the residential and light commercial industries, and is looking for an energetic professional to join the sales team. This is a unique opportunity for a confident, outgoing, highly motivated and successful sales professional in the window and door industry who is looking to play a key role in the growth of our Client’s organization.
Reporting directly to the President, the Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for expanding the reach of our Client’s rapidly growing business by successfully addressing well-qualified leads and creatively seeking out new business opportunities. The Territory Sales Manager will be involved in all aspects of the sales process from start to finish, and will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong time management skills and the ability to manager his/her schedule productively with limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Call on builders and architects to uncover and create sales opportunities.
- Achieve sales goals and growth targets.
- Make joint sales calls with vendor partners to promote new and updated product lines.
- Present product lines to builders, architects and homeowners.
- Build long lasting relationships with builders, contractors, architects and trade organizations using a consultative sales approach. Network with trade professionals in relevant trade organizations.
- Provide industry expertise on products and services.
- Utilize electronic programs for project quotes.
- Proactively follow leads from design stage through sale completion.
- Strive for 100% very satisfied customers.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints.
- Active listening skills with ability to seek clarification and make recommendations in an appropriate manner.
- Well organized, punctual and enthusiastic with strong attention to detail.
- High integrity and strong work ethic.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to follow through on all aspects of sales cycle.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar capacity within building materials industry required, specializing in sales of quality high end window and door products preferred.
- Deep knowledge of building materials industry, including residential and commercial construction methods, building codes and best practices.
- Individual motor vehicle record must comply with company requirements.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.