Vice President of Sales Needed for CPG Manufacturer
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Vice President of Sales – Paint/Coatings for a CPG manufacturer focused on selling into home improvement and mass merchant channels. In particular, our Client is looking for an experienced 21st century sales leader with a keen eye for cutting edge technologies and processes to drive the Company’s sales efforts.
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Vice President of Sales will be responsible for executing and driving a comprehensive business plan that will result in the delivery of sales and profit growth. In addition to maintaining relationships with key accounts, the Vice President will be tasked with working with our Client’s Marketing and R&D teams to spearhead the Company’s product development process. This position is located in the upper Midwest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Building and executing business plans to deliver against commitments
- Delivering budget and pushing to stretch plan
- Leading the organization as a member of the Executive Leadership Team
- Collaborating with peers in Marketing, Operations, Finance, R&D, HR
- Actively participating in developing annual strategic business plans
- Developing an Annual Operating Plan for the business unit
- Leading and managing the Sales team with a focus on development of the team members by establishing stretch goals and actionable individual development plans.
- Partnering with the Supply Chain team to lead the S&OP process for the business.
- Managing key customer relationships and leading high level interfaces.
- Collaborating with Marketing and R&D to lead a robust new product development process.
- Utilizing cutting edge technology, including digital/social media tools to drive the Company’s sales effort.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years of sales experience with a proven track record of driving growth.
- 10+ years senior sales management experience.
- Experience in paint and coatings industry required; CPG industry experience strongly preferred
- Must have experience managing a business of at least $50M in revenue.
- Must have managed field sales teams.
- Must have worked in a leadership capacity, preferably serving as a member of a business unit executive leadership team.
- Must have experience managing home center relationships, with experience interacting with Wal-Mart, Lowes and The Home Depot highly preferable.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and familiarity with the strategies and tactics needed to develop and grow new business opportunities.
- Committed to continuous improvement in managing all aspects of the business.
- Advanced leadership and management skills with a proven track record of delegating and directing to meet and exceed results.
- Focused on providing ongoing formal and informal training to drive career development of direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive in identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Must possess strong analytical skills .
- Strong knowledge of digital and social media selling tools; ability to stay current on cutting edge technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Schaffer Associates is an executive search firm specializing in talent acquisition for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As premier executive recruiters with expert focus on your industry, we help you HIRE SMART. Contact us today for help with your officer-level or mid-management level search.
Call us at (704) 535-9939 or find us at www.SchafferAssociates.com