Account Manager Needed for Leading Building Products Distributor
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an Account Manager-Roofing in the Charlotte, NC area for a leading distributor of commercial roofing and HVAC products. Our Client works with commercial and residential contractors, and is committed to partnering with its customers to help them grow their business.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Account Manager-Roofing will be responsible for selling commercial roofing products and supplies to both new and existing contractor customers. This role requires strong relationship management and development to ensure that these customers continue to use our client for all of their product needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Maintains account base and develops new accounts for revenue growth.
- Promotes products to roofing contractors, building owners, architects, property managers and other potential customers to drive and create demand for roofing and new construction.
- Activities include specification development, scope of work, roof inspections, and technical support for all products and customers.
- Leverages all forms of resources available from Carlisle including Proposal Writer, Roof Connect, Dodge, Onvia, Roof Sense, Roof Nav, Carlisle/NRCA ASCE-7 Calculator, and Sky Calc to win sales with customers.
- Coordinates roof examinations, roofing system proposals, contractor selection, bid documents, and other necessary aspects with building owners.
- Works closely with inside sales team and vendors to plan and execute the promotion of products and services to customers.
- Identifies competitors, their product lines, and market practices, as well as industry trends.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Describes, displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and availability for materials and facilitates collections as required.
- Conducts and attends pre-bid conferences and bid openings, and acts as a liaison between the Design Professional, Property Manager, Building Owner or Design Build General Contractor and the Architectural Representative in conjunction with the Roofing Contractor.
- Attends trade shows and actively participates in local organizations such as RCI, NRCA, CRSMCA, VARC, FRSA, and MARCA to establish and maintain peer relationships and to continue to build sales and technical expertise.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of demonstrated sales experience in a building materials environment.
- Roofing experience selling commercial roofing single-ply & metal is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of roofing assemblies, membrane types, panel profiles, metal types and finishes, perimeter and penetration flashing, accessories, warranties and warranty procedures, specifications, code approvals and installation instructions preferred.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is required.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations is required.
- Proficient computer skills required to include basic understanding of Microsoft Office, email and internet; knowledge of Mincron System is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Effective time management and planning skills.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to meet goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to partner and build relationships with vendors, building owners and others.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.