Assistant Managers Needed for Residential Insulation Company
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for multiple Assistant Managers for a residential insulation company in Ohio. Reporting to the VP of Operations, each Assistant Manager is responsible for scheduling and dispatching crews, as well as checking jobs for quality. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for developing his or her employees in a way that allows for flexibility and profitability for the employees, as well as the division/department and the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Follow the policies and procedures that appear in the Company’s Policy Manual, particularly with respect to the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Continually update and look for ways to improve managerial skills and product knowledge.
- Cause the division/department to operate in an efficient manner according to customer satisfaction measurements and management practices.
- Establish operational procedures that are unique to the division/department.
- Use all available resources, including personnel inside or outside the division, technology, vendors, or documentation, to enable the staff to deliver and install the right products to the customer in a timely fashion.
- Inform the other managers about any data, written documentation, practices and procedures, personnel issues, etc. that may have an impact on the operation of their division/departments.
- Pass on any information, data, to the employees that has been identified as public knowledge and that has an impact on the employees’ work lives.
- Continually follow up with staff regarding their understanding of their responsibilities according to their job descriptions and area specific procedures.
- Prepare the daily work schedules and production staff assignments in a manner that balances the work load and the financial opportunities for the staff.
- Conduct continual follow-up studies regarding the staff’s work load, work quality, product knowledge, development and financial status and then to react to the findings.
- Provide feedback to the staff as needed to ensure continual improvement and quality work.
- Ensure that the staff has the equipment they need to work efficiently, safely, and comfortably.
- Participate in drug-free workplace training obligations.
- Perform quality inspections.
- Assist crews when problems arise on the job.
- Maintain a clean and efficient warehouse; maintain inventory stock levels, and track inventory use to prevent loss and theft.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Time management skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Average computer skills
- Honesty and integrity: respect for and interest in other people.
- Organized and results-oriented.
- Please note that the Assistant Manager will effectively serve as a Manager-in-Training in one of two company branches in Ohio.
- After 1+ year of training, the Assistant Manager will be relocated to a new market where he or she will serve as the Manager.
**This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.**
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.