Air Purification Technology Manufacturer Seeks Director of Engineering
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Engineering for a leading manufacturer of cutting edge air purification technology in the greater New York metro area. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for directing and leading our Client’s engineering efforts to include new product development, product enhancements, testing etc. Additional responsibilities will include project management and involvement in the proposal process. Importantly, the Director of Engineering will ensure that our Client’s products meet customer needs, make certain that quality issues are addressed, and work with clients and contractors for an effective installation process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Design mechanical and odor control systems used to ventilate, heat, and control odors in buildings
- Produce project-specific engineering submittals for multi-component odor control system projects
- Manage and motivate engineering staff
- Coordinate engineering and manufacturing personnel, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure product availability, deliver supply scope, and meet project due dates
- Review project specifications and drawings in order to assess product requirements
- Manage direct report that specifies and purchases equipment components to maintain inventory levels and support production run schedules
- Interact with sales personnel to provide properly-engineered scopes and pricing for sales proposals
- Participate in project site visits when technical support on product applications is required
- Assist sales personnel with engineering clients to develop plans and specifications that meet the project need and beneficially position the company for success
- Interact with sales and marketing personnel to understand market demands and requirements for new product development
- Create new salable products that leverage existing ionization technology
- Maintain current product UL/ETL listings and initiate new UL/ETL projects as they become necessary
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Engineering; advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of engineering experience with strong supervisory and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and complete several projects simultaneously
- HVAC engineering experience with basic knowledge of mechanical systems used to ventilate, heat, and air condition buildings
- Knowledge of traditional wastewater odor control products and strategies
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to effectively communicate and manage engineering staff personnel and vendor relationships
- Knowledge of current engineering practices and industry standards
- Knowledge of electrical and I&C systems to include PLC-based controls
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures and work-flow software
- Knowledge of CAD software, minimally AutoCAD
- Self-starter who works well independently and with teams
- Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.