Area Sales Manager Needed for Building Products Distributor
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an Area Sales Manager for a leading manufacturer and distributor of building products in the Pacific Northwest. Our Client prides itself on the legacy it has built over the years for manufacturing and distributing high quality exterior building products such as decking, siding, and windows. Reporting to the Regional Sales Vice President, the Area Sales Manager (ASM) will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of 6-10 Sales professionals on how to drive new business and maintain existing relationships within an assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Leading all sales and account/planning, forecasting, reporting, and management efforts for key assigned accounts within the territory.
- Directly responsible for recruiting, performance management, coaching and training, and all direct Sales Professionals reports.
- Working closely with center management and regionals VPs to maximize revenue in a given geography.
- Frequently accompanying Sales Professionals on sales visits and supporting large new account acquisition, thus maintaining a high-level customer relationship.
- Strategizing with sales resources to develop territory / accounts plans to maximize revenue and growth.
- Supervising account planning and sales forecasting for sales resources.
- Coordinating district selling activities (e.g., new product launch, account assignment, ongoing customer needs)
- Product, Market & Customer Focus:
- Integrated Products (windows, vinyl, metal) and ISS, as well as related complementary OPP product (e.g., fiber cement).
- All customers / buyers within the new construction and repair & remodel industry.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; MBA highly desirable.
- 5+ years of proven successful sales and sales management experience in the building materials industry.
- Familiarity with business planning and financial reports
- Strong knowledge of both residential commercial building markets and buyers
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time during the work week.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.