Associate Brand Manager Needed for Home Improvement Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an Associate Brand Manager for a leading manufacturer serving the home improvement and automotive industries in Memphis, Tennessee. Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, the Associate Brand Manager will be responsible for delivering growth as part of a brand building team through innovative thinking, collaboration, and hard work. The qualified candidate will also be responsible for overseeing marketing, developing new products, establishing competitive pricing strategies, opening new channels of distribution, and creating compelling marketing campaigns. The Associate Brand Manager will work with other individuals within the marketing department as well as individuals in other departments and at other levels of the business. He or she will also work to develop and execute annual brand marketing plans (consumer, trade, and advertising) in an effort to meet/exceed financial targets. Additionally, this role includes the responsibility of helping to set strategy and coordination between Sales and Marketing for the purpose of developing selling and promotional programs to drive our Client’s business at retail. Finally, this marketing leader will be tasked with ensuring that feedback of customer needs and requirements is properly incorporated into brand plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Assist the Senior Brand Manager in the creation and execution of both short-term and medium-term brand strategies.
- Devise selling strategies that increase distribution on new and existing items
- Planning & Execution
- Support development and implementation of the annual business plan;deliver both short- and long-term sales, share, and income results.
- Lead development, alignment, execution, and measurement of brand marketing programs including digital media activation, new product development, consumer research, in-store merchandising, and displays;assist with e-commerce.
- Analyze business results and competitive performance; develop and make recommendations to ensure volume and profit targets are met.
- Leverage research (historical, secondary) and insights (consumer and supplier research, trends, Channel intelligence) to identify growth opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional teams to bring initiatives to market that amplify the growth potential in our Client’s brands and multi-year growth pillars.
- Partner with the Senior Brand Manager to influence all P&L line items for the brand, evaluating alternate marketing plans, product/portfolio strategies, pricing/trade promotion plans, and distribution/channels strategies in order to meet financial hurdles and deliver optimum enterprise value.
- Manage marketing budget for the brand to ensure spending is within budget and properly allocated.
- Analyze and report progress against digital advertising campaign goals and report on ROI.
- Devise selling strategies that increase distribution on new and existing items.
- Develop “win-win” merchandising programs that increase display revenue and margins.
- Partner with third party vendors (e.g., agencies) to develop and activate key tactics.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of related work experience with a minimum of 1 year in CPG.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business results.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Experience in implementing marketing initiatives across a wide range, such as consumer promotion plans, new product development, packaging design, etc.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read and understand general business periodicals, customer requirements, pricing, promotions, commission and related agreements; ability to write reports and limited business correspondence; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from field sales employees, managers, and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret a variety of complex instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to deliver actionable category and competitive insights from syndicated data sources such as Nielsen or IRI and other sources
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and lead a diverse cross-functional team of professionals including brand marketing, finance, operations, R&D, sales, and agencies.
- Uses clear and concise verbal and written communication, translating detailed and complex information into concise business stories.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to take initiative and drive results in a fluid environment.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable recommendations.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades or negotiates with others to gain support or acceptance.
- Persists despite set-backs and works to gain acceptance for ideas.
- Creates opportunity through resourcefulness and strong bias for action.
- Combines a disciplined and fact-based approach with consumer insight and intuition.
- Ability to have limited exposure to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat or cold as would occur in a warehouse environment.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.