Branch Manager Needed for HVAC Distributor
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Branch Operations Manager for an HVAC distribution company in North Carolina. The Branch Manager will be responsible for ensuring that customer needs and expectations are met and exceeded by coordinating inventory, sales, inside support, technical assistance, and product delivery to customers. As the leader of branch personnel and all daily operations, the Branch Manager will be tasked with providing an environment of cohesion and productivity through excellent communication with all levels of internal and external staff as well as with customers, vendors and suppliers. Reporting to the Regional VP and General Manager, the Branch Manager will have full P&L responsibility for the business unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating and completing inventory control activities, including cycle counts, report analysis (RARR, Obsolete, etc.), purchasing, and accurate receiving of product.
- Maintaining customer relationships through customer visits, phone calls, and walk-ins.
- Developing and training inside staff to provide top-level customer service.
- Working closely with corporate staff in the areas of inventory control, collections, and payables.
- Partnering with Territory Manager to conduct dealer visits and proactively enhance customer relations where needed.
- Providing residential & commercial sales support through order processing: order entry, PO generation, job quotes, and job tracking.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associate’s Degree (or equivalent experience) from Technical/Trade School or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven years of related experience in HVAC industry.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of HVAC terminology and related products.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to provide direction and coaching to others.
- Ability to interface with varied customer base (dealers and consumers) for resolving problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.