Building Materials Financial Services Provider Seeks Regional Sales Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager (Northern California) for a financial services provider that supports the building materials industry. Our Client manages credit programs for companies in the industry, significantly
reducing building material dealers’ cost of servicing customer accounts versus trade credit–the current leading payment method in the industry. The Company also enhances customer services levels by providing contractors and trade professionals with web-based job cost tracking, a Company points program, and management control features.
The growth environment of the Company offers a place where individuals directly influence products and services, company culture, and strategy. This is a unique opportunity to develop and implement leading sales strategies in a dynamic environment. The position currently reports to the Vice President of Sales. As the sales team grows, future plans include adding Director level roles between the Regional Sales Managers and the Vice President of Sales.
Industry: Pro Dealer | Sector: Financial Services | Reports to: VP Sales Location: Northern CA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Regional Sales Manager-Northern CA will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Personally selling and managing key accounts, dealers and suppliers, in the building materials industry.
- Focusing on sales to leading suppliers across multiple sub-segments of the building material industry including lumber, roofing, siding/windows, electrical, etc.
- Making contacts, developing leads, assisting in design of the sales strategy, and closing the sale.
- Working with members of the management team throughout the sales process to identify best practices and leverage the overall capabilities of the organization to complete the sale.
- After closing the sale, working closely with marketing and technical teams to implement the conversion of trade credit to the Company’s credit platform.
The qualified candidate for Regional Sales Manager-Northern CA must also be able to do the following:
- Take risks, put ideas out for feedback, and challenge others’ ideas and methods.
- Keep up with industry trends and bring new ideas back to the company.
Education & Experience
The Regional Sales Manager-Northern CA must meet the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (but not required)
- 10 years’ experience in developing, implementing, and managing successful business-to-business sales
- Significant sales experience and a proven ability to close sales
- Sales background in the building materials industry and/or financial services a plus
- Strong communication skills
- A self-starter and detail-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
The compensation package for this unique opportunity is excellent and includes stock options. Benefits include medical/dental insurance, STD/LTD/ADD, and a retirement plan.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.