Building Materials Manufacturer Seeks Operations Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an Operations Manager for a building materials manufacturer in the San Antonio, TX area. Our Client has been a leader in the building materials industry for over 150 years, and is known for building quality home products with an emphasis on doors to serve a variety of home styles, needs, and décor.
Reporting to the Vice President of Manufacturing, the Operations Manager will oversee the operation of our Client’s manufacturing plant in the San Antonio, TX area, including the production of goods and the provision of services to provide customers with top quality, cost competitive, and environmentally friendly product in a safe and timely manner. This role will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing the current system of production and quality to ensure its effectiveness, and implementing strategies for continuous improvement. This is a vital role for our Client, managing day-to-day activities, productivity, on-time product delivery, analyzing statistics and reading/writing reports. The successful candidate must be able to drive a high-level of positive culture, liaising with other team members, including interacting with managers in other areas of the organization; presenting findings to management and owners as well as training and supervising new employees, and tracking and measuring staff performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Planning, controlling, and implementing positive change.
- Managing quality assurance programs.
- Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency.
- Managing overall cost.
- Overseeing inventory and distribution of finished goods.
- Safety and development of a superior workforce in an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Committed to ongoing personal development.
- Ensure that all product is manufactured in an accurate, cost-effective, and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements.
- Chalking out and improving operational systems, processes, and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being.
- Contribute towards the achievement of our Client’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s.
- Recruit, train, and supervise employees.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Engineering, or Human Resources preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable.
- 8+ years’ experience in manufacturing management in a leadership position.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and continuous improvement activities.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience; certification is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must pass a background check and drug screen.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication, leadership, and planning skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong person-centric focus
- Passion for developing direct reports and others
- Hands-on leadership approach
- Strategic planning capabilities
- Drive for results
- High integrity
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.