Building Materials Supplier Seeks Vice President of Supply Chain
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Vice President of Supply Chain for a building materials supplier on the West Coast. Under the direction of the President/CEO, the VP Supply Chain will lead the development and implementation of supply chain strategy to support enterprise goals. Additionally, the position involves leading senior management to monitor core supply chain performance, including delivering against product and service level agreements and cost objectives. Finally, the VP Supply Chain will lead the Information Technology department and will be involved in acquisitions and business integrations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in maintaining the general health and welfare of all employees, customers, and those in public contact with the Company’s operational services within the established guidelines of safety processes, policies, and regulations.
- Sourcing and providing data with suggestive analysis to both field and executive management for product lines that maximize sales opportunities by market.
- Working with purchasing resources along with field and executive management to establish product sourcing in the most efficient and cost advantageous way possible.
- Personnel Development
- Leading and developing the Merchandising and Information Technology team.
- Helping in career development of any employees under the direct supervision of the VP Supply Chain position as provided for within the Company Values.
- Operating Results
- Leading the design, administration, supervision, and general execution of coordinated purchasing programs that maximize the efficiencies and benefits of purchasing centrally or locally with respect to a specific product or line.
- Sourcing and providing data with suggestive analysis regarding pricing and pricing systems that maximize gross margins by product and market; directly overseeing portions of the company pricing program.
- Ensuring that inventory is optimized to continuously deliver excellent customer service.
- Sourcing and providing data with suggestive analysis to field and executive management for product lines that maximize inventory and asset returns by market.
- Analyzing systems; suggesting and designing the most efficient processes for procurement, replenishment, and physical inventory.
- Facility Maintenance
- Participating in field audits as directed, and submitting objective analysis.
- Asset Security
- Analyzing and auditing system costing to eliminate shrink through the accounts payable process.
- Making suggestions to executive management on systems or processes to improve.
- Communication of and Compliance with Processes, Policies and Procedures
- Sending effective communications in cooperation with Company communications resources for systems information, industry information, or internal Company information relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Serving as a liaison for design, implementation, and testing of hardware or software programs as needed; engaging in follow-up with Company communications resources and leadership for roll-outs and measuring execution.
- General Leadership
- Maintaining professionalism with the field, information technology, logistics, and vendor communities; acting as a liaison with the capability of providing clarity, while filtering information from different points of view.
- Staying active with regional and executive management; keeping communication channels open to cultivate a culture of trust, support, and respect.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years distribution, supply chain, and logistics experience.
- Knowledge of finance, economics, accounting, personnel, product, and sales required.
- Knowledge of software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the operation from line employees to board members.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external sources.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.