Building Products Manufacturer/Distributor Looks to Hire Director of Construction & Installation Operations
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Construction/Installation Operations – Installed Sales Solutions for a building products manufacturer and distributor in the Akron, Ohio area. Our Client prides itself on the legacy it has built over the years for manufacturing and distributing high quality exterior building products such as decking, siding, and windows. Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager for Installed Sales Solutions (ISS), the Director of Construction/Installed Operations will have overall responsibility for delivering high quality, on schedule, profitable projects that ensure the Company’s position as a highly valued partner to its customers, thus enabling them to successfully grow their businesses. Additionally, this position will provide oversight and direction of construction and installation projects, including the effective and safe management of field operations to meet customer expectations and to deliver results with the lowest possible production costs consistent with the quality standards established by individual customers and the industry as a whole. The breadth of these projects will include residential remodels and new construction, as well as light commercial and multi-family housing projects. Importantly, the overall key objectives of this role will be to: (1) ensure the effective planning, coordination, and on-time execution of projects that are within budget in order to attain or exceed project financial objectives, while promoting and enhancing a strong customer partnership; (2) design and implement standard project management procedures and processes to ensure that projects are executed consistently, providing reliable results for our customers and business; and (3) support the VP/GM as a key member of his leadership team in developing and executing on a successful growth plan for the business.
For more information, please contact Bridget Tesler at Bridget@SchafferAssociates.com or (704) 535-9939.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Optimize operations and install capacity planning through partnership with the regional Sales teams to ensure performance levels are sufficient to meet branch demands and allow for growth.
- Accountable for completion of construction projects on-time, within budget, and in accordance with quality standards to meet business performance expectations.
- Oversee the estimated job cost projection, general bid, pricing update, contracts and purchase order processes as directed by company policy and management direction.
- Manage and operate within approved budgets established for all departments under ISS Operations.
- Monitor project performance to identify and address areas of concern before they become an issue for the customer and to accurately forecast company financial performance.
- Lead and develop the Regional Directors and ISS Managers in every aspect of successfully managing their operations and install teams, including but not limited to: safe operations, recruitment, selection, on-boarding, development, performance management, and fostering a high-performance team culture.
- In collaboration with the ISS VP/GM, ISS New Business Development leader, and Regional ISS Directors, develop a strategic plan and execution tactics to achieve revenue and margin performance objectives.
- Lead business efforts to develop the processes, relationships, and tools that will deliver a world class customer experience, including supporting the business team in managing customer relationships and reporting on project performance and status.
- Develop and implement standardized processes within operations and installation that ensure reliable and repeatable execution, project tracking, and financial forecasting.
- Lead an effort to identify the best long-term project management software solution and timely implementation into the ISS business.
- Drive improved workflows, business rules, and processes in order to streamline operations and drive productivity improvements.
- Provide effective customer and business reporting.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Successful business and leadership history with 10 years of construction and installation experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of residential construction product specification terminology.
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of production and sales management teams.
- Self-motivated professional with a fluent understanding of the exterior construction process; special focus in exterior claddings and windows is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel & PowerPoint, with AS400 experience is highly desirable.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.