Composite Decking Manufacturer Looks to Hire Product Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Product Manager for a national manufacturer of composite decking, fence products, and railings in Warwick, Rhode Island. The Product Manager will contribute to the strategic direction of new product launches, with a focus on maximizing overall company profitability. Additionally, he or she will facilitate participants’ ability to follow the new product process while promoting faster new product introductions that provide for First-to-Market products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Develop an understanding of consumer and customer needs through market intelligence.
- Drive assigned new products that achieve the organization’s long-term strategic objectives.
- Responsible for facilitating and coordinating all business aspects of assigned new products and product changes, to include proforma financial analysis.
- Facilitate and verify accurate initial forecasting for designated key target markets and accounts for the development of realistic Business Plans. This will be accomplished by working with Sales personnel, historical analysis, market trend analysis, and external factor evaluation.
- Maintain the New Product Workbook procedures, and enhance as needed.
- Develop detailed actions in MS Project, ensuring that the new product launch date meets the original specified date; maintain the timeline and facilitate functional participants to meet their assigned dates.
- Interface with Product Development and Quality to define the specific product performance characteristics and the associated test methods.
- Coordinate product trials and facilitate the determination of capable production processes.
- Facilitate initial inventory levels with Supply Chain to insure product launch customer delivery satisfaction. This includes obsolete inventory minimization action plans.
- Facilitating initial packaging design and availability to ensure that product launch dates are met.
- Provide Marketing and Sales with specific product performance and target market information for the expedient development of programs for new products.
- Coordinate the flow of specific technical product feature information to Marketing and Sales for presentations and sales materials.
- Work in the field with Sales personnel on a periodic basis for market intelligence verification; work trade shows as necessary for information acquisition.
- Facilitate dedicated raw material, packaging, labeling, and associated inventories for new product launches, product changes and customer specific items with Supply Chain.
- Coordinate ECR/ECN activities for their responsible products for faster implementation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Five years’ experience in the Product Management/Development arena of a consumer products company. Experience in Outdoor products and Building channels strongly preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Project preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communications and facilitation skills required.
- Highly motivated and creative self-starter, willing to take ownership for the results of assigned product area.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.