Consumer Products Manufacturer Looks to Hire Plant Manager
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Plant Manager for a leading consumer products manufacturer in Lenoir, NC. Reporting to the Corporate manufacturing President, the Plant Manager will be responsible for providing leadership through a process of continuous improvement in the areas of operations, engineering, and technology advancements, primarily for the Lenoir facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Ensure appropriate manufacturing personnel are current with safety policies and procedures assigned to Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Forecast capital equipment, departmental costs and other financial requirements as necessary.
- Manage the evaluation, selection, sourcing, and procurement of equipment and processes.
- Manage overall manufacturing operations including costs and efficiencies.
- Direct and manage the manpower planning, training and deployment for operations activities.
- Develop direct reports through mentoring, training, education and project work. Identify training needs of personnel, initiate and participate in required training to maintain the highest skill level.
- Design and implement systems to improve the quality of service by designing for manufacturability.
- Provide leadership in the areas of problem-solving to improve product quality and service and lead technical set-up in the optimization of processing techniques, and maintenance of tools, equipment and facilities.
- Review and establish priorities for Continuous Improvement activities; direct the statistical analysis of projects or processes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in operations of a stand-alone manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of injection molding is strongly preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Project management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong supervisory, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong background in Continuous Improvement
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.