Content Marketing Manager Needed for Organic Garden Products Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Content Marketing Manager for a family-owned organic garden products manufacturer in Atlanta. Our Client is dedicated to developing and promoting soils and fertilizers that help people grow beautiful and healthy gardens organically. To help achieve this goal, the Company looks to hire dynamic, passionate, creative, and driven individuals who are ready to roll up their sleeves, dig in, and do some real good for the environment. Our Client nurtures creative thinking, values its employees, and works every day to help customers leave their yards, communities, and world better than they found it.
The Content Marketing Manager will plan, implement, and manage content on the Company’s website and social media channels. This position also involves responsibility for spearheading and implementing digital strategies with a data driven mindset for the Company’s brands. The Content Marketing Manager will work closely with the sales, marketing, and creative teams to build awareness and drive results. Upon learning about the Company’s audience and studying other companies (including competitors) who successfully engage with similar audiences, the Content Marketing Manager will craft a strategy to engage with the Company’s audience across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and email.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Engaging in the 3 E’s:
- Educating the consumer about how the Company’s products make a difference in their gardens and communities
- Equipping the consumer to be successful with the Company’s products
- Engaging with the consumer about their experiences with Company products or other topics synergistic with organic gardening.
- Passionately and strategically managing the Company brands’ online presence.
- Managing content and engagement with our community on the Company’s website, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Coordinating with 3rd party partners to create and curate content with writers, bloggers, and videographers.
- Planning and creating a multi-quarter rolling social media editorial calendar and associated budget.
- Creating compelling, persuasive campaigns to communicate the Company’s story to consumers.
- Compiling weekly and monthly reports to quantify the engagement and ROI of your planned activity.
- Communicating strategy and results to the team through data.
- Brainstorming innovative ideas/strategies to support brand initiatives with focus on editorial storytelling, influencers, and consumer engagement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four-year college degree or equivalent.
- 2-4 years’ writing and editing experience (journalism degree or related communication degree or credential)
- 2-5 years’ editorial management experience in a marketing role is preferred.
- Must understand what makes a good story and how best to tell it.
- Proven content marketing experience including successfully developing, executing, and managing effective online content calendars that include blogs, videos, email, and campaigns.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficiency in in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro and AfterEffects).
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with products marketed in the horticulture industry preferred.
- Strong fit with the Company’s core values.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Creative while still possessing the follow-through and organization skills required to manage multiple platforms.
- Has a natural eye for new trends, a talent for words, and a genuine interest in staying up-to-date with relevant key trends, discussions, and influencers in the organic gardening worlds.
- Able to discern when to speak on behalf of the Company and when to escalate for further input.
- Strong analytical mind yet also a creative thinker with proficiency using social media management and analytical tools.
- Ability to recognize emerging and relevant digital trends and new products.
- Social media savvy – strong understanding of all social media channels and how best to maximize trends, techniques and opportunities
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates Mission/Cause focus; must have optimism and passion about organic gardening and the Company’s message.
- Gets excited about the Company’s 3 E’s: Educating – Equipping – Engaging customers about Company products.
- Lives as if the glass is half full.
- A team player; outgoing, assertive and a self-starter.
A career with our Client comes with attractive benefits, a collaborative culture, opportunity for growth, and the satisfaction of working with a Company that operates with integrity, humility, and sustainable practices.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.