Customer Marketing Leader Needed for Home Improvement Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Customer Marketing Leader for a leading home improvement manufacturer in Memphis, TN. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Customer Marketing Leader will set strategy and work with Sales and Marketing to develop selling and promotional programs to drive our Client’s business at retail. This individual will also ensure that feedback of customer needs and requirements is properly incorporated. Importantly, the Customer Marketing Leader will be tasked with developing and executing annual brand marketing plans (consumer, trade, and advertising) in an effort to exceed stated volume objectives. The qualified candidate will have an exceptional financial and analytical acumen, as well as an understanding of market factors and their impact on P&L.
For more information, contact Bridget Tesler at (704) 535-9939 or Bridget@SchafferAssociates.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Develops and executes annual marketing and demand creation/promotional plan.
- Leads development, alignment, execution and measurement of shopper programs including, but not limited to, media collaboration, shelf/in-store communication, e-campaigns, event marketing, etc. for major retail partners.
- Devises selling strategies that increase distribution on new and existing items.
- Develops win-win merchandising programs that increase display revenue and margin.
- Creates category management selling strategies combined with shopper insights to position the Company as category leader with customers
- Analyzes data to understand customer marketing strategies (including how the customer evaluates/measures success against plans) and assesses customer marketing needs.
- Analyzes and reports progress against campaign goals and report on ROI.
- Serves to enhance understanding of the assigned retailer’s brand equity and marketing strategies and programs.
- Helps to attain business goals for merchandising and marketing activations.
- Ensures proper execution of strategies and programs and monitors their effectiveness and conduct pre- and post-launch analysis to drive improvement.
- Owns the relationship with the partners’ retail marketing teams to collaboratively plan, create joint value, and influence decision-making.
- Expands and grows customer-level marketing relationships.
- Partners with third party vendors (g., agencies) to develop and activate key tactics.
- Manages channel marketing budget and expenses including forecast accuracy.
- Monitors and analyzes competitive activities within channel including price, promotion, new products and merchandising and adjust channel strategies accordingly.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- College degree, preferably in marketing or sales
- Minimum six years’ experience in sales and/or brand management in CPG company
- Strong leadership and driving organizational alignment skills to develop and deliver against key strategies
- Sound analytical abilities, problem identification and resolution skills and creative/consumer insights abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and lead a diverse cross-functional team of professionals including brand marketing, finance, operations, R&D, sales and agencies
- Ability to coach, mentor, and teach junior marketing professionals
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.