DC Manager Needed for Building Products Distributor
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Distribution Center Manager for a national building products distributor in Minneapolis. As an industry leader, our Client is dedicated to serving the customer first and maintains a strong commitment to ethics and integrity. The DC Manager will be responsible for growing the business, ensuring profitability in the region, and overseeing the direction and coordination of Warehouse Operations, Sales, and Administration. In this role, he or she will manage a team of 3-5 supervisors who, in turn, supervise approximately 35 employees in Warehouse Operations, Sales, and Administration. This position also involves supervision of 2-5 non-supervisory employees. Specific responsibilities also include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Importantly, the DC Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation of all short and long range goals for the Distribution Center assigned, specifically those pertaining to finance, operations, sales and human resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Manage P&L; plan, budget, forecast, and control expenses.
- Maximize sales and profit growth while properly managing company assets.
- Hire, teach, coach, and retain the highest level of quality personnel.
- Support employees by providing good working conditions, equitable pay programs, and on-going career development; conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Effectively communicate Company goals and objectives to Distribution Center staff; work in conjunction with Distribution Center staff in order to establish goals and objectives.
- Maintain high level of quality control at all levels within the Distribution Center.
- Maintain positive customer and vendor relations.
- Recommend product selection and pricing levels for local markets.
- Keep the Company informed of local market and competitive conditions.
- Develop effective inter-department communications and working relationships within the organization.
- Review bills of lading for incoming merchandise and customer orders in order to plan work activities.
- Establish operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Coordinate activities of distribution warehouse with activities of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
- Direct reclamation of damaged merchandise and other returns and credits.
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing Company safety policies.
- Responsible for staying current and adhering to all Human Resources policies and courses, as well as to all JSOX policies and initiatives.
- Travel to customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- general computer skills
- Knowledge of the building materials industry is strongly preferred.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.