Director of Business Development Needed for Air Purification Equipment Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Business Development – Gaming and Hospitality for a manufacturer of air purification equipment. The equipment utilizes a proprietary, cutting-edge technology that has given our Client a competitive advantage in the industry. Through the use of this technology, the Company has already provided solutions to a wide variety of projects including schools, hotels, office buildings, churches, airports, casinos, waste water treatment plants, restaurants, childcare facilities, nursing homes, and private homes. With this position, the Client is seeking a “sales executive” who will expand the Company’s business in the North American gaming and hospitality markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Managing existing accounts: (a) ensuring that existing accounts continue to be satisfied with the performance of the Company’s installed products; and (b) expanding sales to additional facilities or within existing facilities.
- Prospecting new casino and hospitality customers.
- Utilizing existing relationships and developing new ones to sell the Company’s product offering directly to gaming and hospitality end users.
- Interacting with the Company’s engineering personnel to develop sales proposals, quotations, and engineering submittals.
- Leading the development of sales promotion and lead generation activities, including presence and staffing at trade shows and industry events, to promote the technology and brand;
- Suggesting new products to be developed in response to end user needs and market opportunities.
- After the first six months of employment, developing an annual business plan with: (a) sales forecast; (b) expense budget; and (c) prioritized list of target accounts.
- Developing pricing strategies, marketing ideas, and sales growth objectives with the underlying goal of growing a profitable business unit.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of ten years’ sales experience with at least five years of sales experience for a national or strategic account business in the casino/gaming or hospitality industry.
- Extensive experience selling a technical product to casino/hospitality facility personnel.
- Must be able to stage a consultative selling approach that overcomes objections and indifference and connects “need” with the Company’s solutions.
- Must have ability to understand HVAC systems, and the Company’s technologies and how its offering might fill a void or offer a better alternative.
- Strong written and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to build relationships with current and potential customers.
- Basic financial skills (gross margin calculations, profit and loss statements, etc.)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email)
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Can be located in any city near a major airport. Must be willing and able to travel 30-50% of the time.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.