Director of Marketing Needed for Consumer Building Products Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Marketing for a consumer building products manufacturer in Eastern Michigan. Our Client is specifically focused on selling into the home improvement and dealer channels. Amongst a variety of responsibilities, the Director of Marketing will be tasked with the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics across all categories and segments of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies—including campaigns, digital marketing, and PR—to create brand awareness.
- Develop and deliver marketing communications strategies for the organization
- Manage marketing department results by coaching and guiding team members; plan, monitor, and appraise job results.
- Research, develop, and implement company-wide brand and communication strategies, standards, and practices that elicit the behavior, emotion, and recognition objectives of the company.
- Develop key messages for all audiences to communicate the company’s various brand identities.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Work closely with the company’s Sales and Product Management teams to support needs and align strategies.
- Prepare annual Marketing budget and scheduling expenditures while analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Identify market gaps and generate new product/category ideas.
- Lead agencies and internal team members to execute all communication activities and public relations (marketing materials, advertising, client communications, direct mail, marketing campaigns, press releases, content for trade publications, etc.).
- Oversee the writing of press releases, copy for marketing materials, advertisements, and other related materials.
- Manage media relations, research editorial opportunities and build relationships with key industry media.
- Oversee website development and e-commerce sales. Work closely with the web manager to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure proper messaging of company beliefs and product/service offerings.
- Provide monthly reporting to the VP, Business Development. Will include, but not be limited to, reporting on the status of prioritized marketing and communication activities; reporting will be both historical and forward looking.
- Develop and manage the marketing and communications budget; delivery all marketing activities within the agreed upon budget.
- Contribute to the total effectiveness of the department by communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas, and working as a positive, engaged team member.
- Manage all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical and organized
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; quick learner, self-starter, takes initiative to lead projects
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.