Director of Product Management Needed for Leading Window Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Product Management for a leading manufacturer of windows, doors, and sunrooms in Cincinnati. Our Client, a private $250 million company, prides itself on its quality products and outstanding customer service. The Director of Product Management will provide expertise in industry trends, and recommend successful implementation of new programs and services. This position will be responsible for the Company’s manufactured and sourced products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching customer needs, including available product options; developing and executing strategy to fill any gaps.
- Performing market intelligence—serving as an expert on products, market drivers, and the competition.
- Developing product positioning, messaging, and value propositions that differentiate the Company’s products in the market.
- Driving growth strategies and implementation through project leadership.
- Providing world class support tools including: selling tools, check lists, pricing, customer advocacy, and planning and forecasting.
- Providing leadership to and support for the Company’s marketing team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business.
- 10+ years experience in B2C Product Management.
- Experience in the home improvement industry; specific experience in windows preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project management skills, with the ability to ensure projects are accomplished within budget, on time, and within specification targets.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Proven ability to understand the market, customers, competition, to properly position products and services.
- Proven ability to create and execute marketing programs.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.