Door Manufacturer Looks to Hire National Account Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a National Account Manager (NAM)—Home Depot for a leading door manufacturer. In particular, our Client is looking for a high energy individual who wants to grow with the Company in a partnership relationship to the benefit of their shared success.
Based in San Antonio, Texas, the NAM will be responsible for establishing and maintaining business relationships with key decision makers at The Home Depot to drive sales in the product category while solidifying the Company’s relationship with The Home Depot. Reporting to the division General Manager, the NAM will work with both The Home Depot and the Company’s internal Sales and Operations team to help coordinate key initiatives, drive key business strategies, engage in Line Review and Promotional Planning needs, and provide key analysis and analytics-based support to help the Company manage the retail door businesses at The Home Depot.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Manage stock mix with concentration on correct assortment based rate of sale and space planning.
- Achievement of Company sales and profit targets.
- Develop new innovative product lines and retail merchandising concepts and displays.
- Assist in creating/managing sales, promotions, and marketing programs with The Home Depot retail account.
- Coordinate and manage various open issues and opportunities with The Home Depot.
- Track and communicate competitive factors, trends, price movements, issues and opportunities at regional and national levels.
- Collect/develop and analyze sales reports and market feedbacks from internal sources, data, and customer POS in order to identify key issues, trends, opportunities and market share growth/decline for use in marketing and sales planning purposes.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Moderate travel required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree in business, sales or marketing is preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years general relevant experience in the Big Box retail industry; experience calling on The Home Depot a plus.
- 1+ year minimum of relevant sales/marketing/merchandising experience with The Home Depot or other big box retailers strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated history of key account sales/business development success.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Broad range of analytical skills; business statistics and quantitative decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and phone contact handling skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and maintain positive relationships with customers and leaders at all levels.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.