E-Commerce Manager Needed for Leading Home Improvement Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an E-Commerce Manager for a leading manufacturer serving the home improvement and automotive industries in Memphis, TN. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the E-Commerce Manager will set strategy and work with Sales and Marketing to develop selling and promotional programs to drive the Company’s business within its customers’ e- commerce sites. Importantly, this person will work directly with The Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe’s, and Ace Hardware, as well as other corporate customers to drive the Company’s revenue through their .com sites. In addition, this person will lead our Client’s expansion with Amazon and will seek to optimize the process for selling through the Company’s own website. Exceptional digital expertise, marketing and/or sales experience, financial and analytical acumen, and strong problem solving abilities are crucial to success in the E-Commerce Manager role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Develop and execute annual marketing and demand creation/promotional plan across customer websites, Amazon, and the Company website.
- Test and implement new presentations of products and functionalities to improve user experience across customer websites and including all device
- Customize the user experience with dynamic content and product recommendation based on custom attributes and affinities to better sell the Company’s products.
- Segment performance and behavior among different device types to help improve designs while bringing a cohesive experience across multiple touchpoints.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and standardize reports to deliver perceptive and actionable recommendations to improve the Company’s e-commerce business.
- Monitor weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly site sales, KPIs, and metrics to uncover strategic insights and action plans to provide actionable recommendations.
- Provide in-depth reporting and analysis of all recommendations, testing, and return for all programs implemented and standardize best practices.
- Develop insights and recommendations for E-Commerce team to help improve future marketing campaigns, programs, and promotion.
- Devise selling strategies that increase distribution on new and existing items.
- Develop win-win executional programs that increase display revenue and margins.
- Analyze data to understand customer marketing strategies, how the customer evaluates/measures success against plans, and assesses customer marketing needs for .com applications.
- Analyze and report progress against campaign goals and report on ROI.
- Serves to enhance understanding of the assigned retailer’s brand equity and marketing strategies and programs.
- Owns the relationship with the partners’ e-commerce teams to collaboratively plan, create joint value, and influence decision-making.
- Partners with third party vendors (e.g., agencies) to develop and activate key tactics.
- Manage e-commerce marketing budget and expenses including forecast accuracy.
- Monitor and analyze competitive activities within e-commerce including price, promotion, new products and merchandising and adjust strategies accordingly.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- College degree, preferably in marketing or sales.
- Minimum five years’ experience in sales and/or brand management in CPG company with emphasis on digital applications/e-commerce.
- Strong leadership and driving organizational alignment skills to develop and deliver against key strategies.
- Sound analytical abilities, problem identification and resolution skills and creative/consumer insights abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and lead a diverse cross-functional team of professionals including brand marketing, finance, operations, R&D, sales and agencies.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and teach junior marketing professionals.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.