EWP Design Manager Needed for Houston Market
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an Engineered Wood (EWP) Design Manager in Houston, Texas. Our Client is a $2.5 billion lumber company with locations nationwide. Known for promoting from within the organization, the Company is highly respected as an employer and dealer within the building materials industry. The EWP Design Manager will report to the store manager and will be responsible for supervising three or more EWP Designers.
Industry: Pro Dealer | Sector: LBM | Reports to: Store Manager | Location: Houston, TX
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conform to standards.
- Requesting sealed engineering drawings and/or repair details, and following up to ensure completion, when necessary.
- Generating EWP placement layouts for final construction.
- Generating and providing accurate pricing for estimating purposes.
- Aiding in training of new employees when required.
- Providing jobsite support, with the aid of sales department, when requested.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in design
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfers
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with wood design
- Proficient in basic math, geometry, and trigonometry
- Previous experience using EWP design software
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.