EWP Designer Needed for National LBM Dealer
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an Engineered Wood Product (EWP) Designer in western Maryland. Our Client is a national lumber dealer that is known for being an outstanding employer and for promoting within its organization. The Company is proud to offer a great compensation package, including relocation, for the position. For more information, contact Dawn Youngblood at (704) 535-9939 or Dawn@SchafferAssociates.com.
Industry: Pro Dealer | Sector: LBM | Reports to: Design Manager | Location: Maryland
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The EWP Designer will be responsible for completing design work assigned by the Design Manager. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Ensuring that designs are accurate, are optimized, and conform to standards.
- Requesting sealed engineering drawings and/or repair details, and following up to ensure completion as needed.
- Generating EWP placement layouts for final construction.
- Generating and providing accurate pricing for estimating purposes.
- Aiding in training of new employees when required.
- Providing job-site support with the aid of the sales department, when requested.
Education & Experience
The qualified candidate for EWP Designer must meet all of the following education and experience requirements:
- Associate’s or 4-year degree
- 2+ years’ experience in design
- Previous experience using EWP design software
Other Skills & Abilities
The candidate must also possess the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfers
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with wood design
- Proficient in basic math, geometry and trigonometry
- Competitive compensation package
- Relocation package
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.