General Manager Needed for Leading LBM Dealer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a General Manager for a leading LBM dealer in Lexington, NC. The General Manager will be responsible for the vision, strategy and leadership that drives the component plants in an effort to achieve and maintain high standards of quality, customer satisfaction, delivery and manufacturing capabilities. Additionally, the General Manager will ensure that performance and quality objectives are met while minimizing expenses. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Management: Oversees all areas of the plant to ensure and maintain high standards of quality, safety and service. Develops budget for plant and carries out the plan to meet that budget. Sets the overall direction for the plant through long and short term goal planning.
- Staff Development: Identifies and implements training and development programs for all employees. Monitors employee performance and counsels employees on improvement opportunities to ensure standards are met.
- Production & Scheduling: Ensures that production and delivery schedules are met and are optimizing lead times. Partners with Plant Supervisors, Office Coordinators, Customer Service Representatives, Designers and Dispatchers to identify areas of improvement. Monitors cost of production and ensures that those costs are maintained.
- Inventory Control: Ensures inventory is properly accounted for and accurate. Responsible for properly delegating and overseeing all aspects of inventory according to policies and procedures.
- Safety: Directs and facilitates best practices to ensure safety standards are met during production. Ensures that all machines and equipment is being properly used and maintained.
- Previous management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of the production of trusses and wall panels
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvements
- Strong knowledge of scheduling and shipping methods
- Ability to use strong judgment in analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating problems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.