Help Wanted! GMIT Needed for LBM Dealer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a General Manager in Training (GMIT) for one of the largest lumber dealers nationwide. Our Client has an immediate need for a Manager Trainee at any of its locations within Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, or Texas.
The Company services both the residential and commercial construction sectors of the industry. Marketing to professional contractors and remodelers, our Client prides itself on carrying a full line of construction products, ranging from roof and floor trusses, roofing, sheathing, wall panels, drywall, insulation, doors, and windows.
The GMIT position represents a great opportunity with a well-known lumber company that is committed to investing in its future managers. The GMIT will benefit from onsite training from an experienced Store Manager and from the Regional Vice President. The Company is happy to offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits, to the qualified candidate for GMIT.
Contact Nathan Tillotson at (704) 535-9939 or Nathan@schafferassociates.com.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
General Managers are responsible for the overall performance of their assigned operation, including achieving sales goals and profit objectives while satisfying our client’s needs.
The General Manager will:
- Optimize sales and profits at assigned operation.
- Develop goals and objectives in conjunction with the Regional Vice President.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients.
- Provide quality customer service through personal interaction with clients and through associates.
- Promote awareness of the Company and its products and services.
- Manage inventory, property and equipment to ensure the Company’s assets are adequately protected and to increase returns and minimize shrink.
- Identify trends and take proactive or remedial action to handle business situations.
- Ensure the operation is staffed with qualified, motivated and engaged associates.
- Develop his or her maximum potential through regular coaching and training.
The ideal GMIT candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of two to five years of management experience in a lumber/building materials operation and experience working with national and custom builders or similar experience/education.
The GMIT candidate, once having completed training for the General Manager position, must be able to move to either Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, or Texas, as a position becomes available.
Our Client offers competitive Salary/Commission plans, as well as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, and 401(k).
Contact Us Today!
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.