Home Improvement Manufacturer Looks to Hire Junior Account Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Junior Account Manager for a leading manufacturer within the home improvement industry in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area. Our Client is driven by a deep-held dedication to a Customers First culture.
Reporting to the EVP of Sales, the Junior Account Manager will be customer facing and will work directly with national accounts to ensure that all the support functions of the sales and marketing teams are operating smoothly and effectively for Big Box Accounts, Customer Accounts and their Dealer Network. Our Client is looking for a tenacious and enthusiastic individual to help with their overall account management efforts. The Junior Account Manager will be an integral part of the development and execution of sales and marketing plans to reach targets ranging from business analytics to product promotion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Build and maintain relationships with current customers, serve as a point of contact between the customer and our company during projects and day-to-day activities, identify new business opportunities by initiating communication with decision makers.
- Develop a consumer/category management approach with the Account; participate with the organization to help foster and develop continuous improvement.
- Effectively promote new items, pricing, promotional programs, merchandising activities, and programs that support Channel and Customer plans.
- Create solutions in the areas of inventory, sales reporting, distribution, and product upgrades that lead to system improvements and streamlines processes.
- Daily/weekly analysis and publication of customer metrics to upper management.
- Responsible for helping to develop sales to targeted customers and calling on potential new customers.
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits, and trends.
- 20-25% travel across the U.S.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- 3+ years of professional sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Entrepreneurial spirit; the ability to take initiative and drive results in a fluid environment.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented with outstanding presentation skills.
- Understanding of market pricing, promotions, trends and KPI execution.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable recommendations.
- Ability to assert own ideas and to persuade or negotiate with others to gain support or acceptance.
- Ability to partner successfully both within teams and cross-functionally to get things accomplished.
- Acts with a high degree of ownership and personal accountability.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.