Home Improvement Manufacturer Seeks National Account Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a National Account Manager (NAM)—Home Depot for a leading manufacturer serving the home improvement and automotive industries. Based in Atlanta, the NAM will be responsible for achieving customer objectives, KPIs, and targets (volume/spend) by implementing brand and channel strategies and tactics, and by managing The Home Depot account in a manner that will achieve profitable long-term growth at the assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Business Planning—participating in, activating, and implementing the development of an annual Customer Business Plan that supports Brand Plans and Channel Go-To-Market Guidelines.
- Managing and penetrating The Home Depot across all buying departments; developing relationships that enable achievement of Customer Business Plans and objectives.
- Effectively promoting new items, pricing, promotional programs, merchandising activities, and programs that support Channel and Customer plans.
- Developing a consumer/category management approach with the Account; participating within the organization to help foster and develop continuous improvement.
- Assisting/coordinating supply chain, both internally and with customers.
- 20% travel across the U.S.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree (required).
- 3+ yrs. of professional advanced sales experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding of market pricing, promotions, trends, and KPI execution.
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of retail sales in home center/hardware outlets.
- Skilled at building buyer relationships.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Analytical ability to uncover customer opportunities.
- Commitment to timely accurate communication of customer issues/opportunities.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various teams.
- Ability to lead and educate others to accomplish agreed upon objectives.
- Ability to apply quantitative/qualitative process to support decision-making.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Team player focus.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.