HVAC Company Seeks Business Development & Marketing Leader
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Business Development & Marketing Leader for an established HVAC systems and services provider in Connecticut. Our Client offers a full range of heating and air conditioning services to commercial clients, including: installation, operations and maintenance, energy analysis, and upgrades for energy conservation and building control systems. Our Client has been in business for over 30 years and provides its employees with an outstanding company culture and comprehensive compensation packages.
The Business Development & Marketing Leader will work closely with a variety of commercial, light industrial, and institutional clients. This position represents a terrific growth opportunity for a relationship-driven business development professional.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Assessing marketing and target opportunities within the region.
- Gathering intelligence on customers, prospects, and competitors to generate leads for possible sales.
- Performing follow-up sales activity.
- Making formal written proposals and presentations to management.
- Account planning and performance monitoring.
- Business development, defined as evaluating a business and managing the relationship to its fullest potential, using such tools as: Marketing, Information Management, Proposal Presentation, Closing the Business, and Customer Service.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing customer relations; establishing schedule for timely and appropriate visits to accounts; handling customer complaints promptly; and coordinating efforts with operations team.
- Promoting organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations; attending meetings, shows, and conventions, as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements
- College degree preferred, or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
- Mechanical degree or two-year degree in HVAC is a plus.
- Experience selling and managing HVAC products and programs, and developing sales plans is preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Strong sales presentation skills.
- Effective rapport-building and relationship skills.
- Ability to take initiative and manage sales in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office; demonstrated ability to utilize computer-based sales and inventory management analysis programs.
- Ability to maximize profit opportunities in a sales environment; comfortable with a team-focused approach.
- Ability to travel regionally.
The compensation package for this position includes base salary plus incentive, health insurance, paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, company profit sharing, company vehicle or car allowance/mileage, and many additional perks.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.