HVAC Distribution Company Looks to Hire Operations Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an Operations Manager for an HVAC distribution company in Charlotte, North Carolina. The role of the Operations Manager will be to act as a liaison of services to both internal and external customers in the Branch and to support the overall operations of the Branch. Responsibilities will include overseeing all day-to-day operations of the Branch, including warranty processing, excess inventory management, customer processing, and maintaining customer account relationships. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Operations Manager will also provide overall support and guidance to inside staff. Managing a team of four direct reports, the Operations Manager will take responsibility for working with customers and inside/outside sales staff to define product needs and provide seamless delivery of services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the sales team by completing sales quotes and customer orders, and by providing product knowledge assistance.
- Assisting with sales order processing: order entry, PO generation, shipment tracking, and job quotes.
- Maintaining customer relations by supporting walk-ins or phone calls with internal customers and vendors.
- Partnering with branch management for monthly cycle counting process, and assisting with excess inventory management.
- Providing assistance with operational tasks, which include product stocking, inventory replenishment, and backlog assessments.
- Providing daily guidance and direction to the warehouse and inside staff.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, or High School diploma and equivalent level of experience.
- Three to five years of experience in customer service/sales/operations role(s).
- Familiarity with York/non-York product lines and offering.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to gather and analyze data from various reports and sources to improve the management and control of the business.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and functions within the branch.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.