HVAC Distribution Company Looks to Hire Senior Branch Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Senior Branch Manager for an HVAC distributor in Richmond, Virginia. The Senior Branch Manager is responsible for ensuring that customer needs and expectations are exceeded by coordinating inventory, sales, inside support, technical assistance, and the delivery of product to customers. As the leader of branch personnel and all daily operations, the Senior Branch Manager must foster an environment of cohesion and productivity through excellent communication with all levels of internal and external staff as well as with customers, vendors, and suppliers. This position involves full P&L responsibility for the business unit, as well as responsibility for sales staff and ancillary branches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Completing and coordinating inventory control activities including cycle counts, report analysis (RARR, Obsolete, etc), purchasing, and accurate receiving of product.
- Maintaining customer relationships through customer visits, incoming phone calls, and walk-ins.
- Developing and training inside staff to provide top-level customer service.
- Working closely with corporate staff in the areas of inventory control, collections, and payables.
- Partnering with Territory Manager to conduct dealer visits and proactively enhance customer relations where needed.
- Providing Residential & Commercial sales support through order processing, order entry, PO generation, job quotes, and job tracking.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with Technical/Trade school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of related experience in HVAC industry with extensive management experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of HVAC terminology and related products. York product knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Window software or NxTrend systems.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to provide direction and coaching to others.
- Ability to interface with multiple customer base – dealers and consumer – for resolving problems
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.