HVAC Distributor Seeks Territory Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Territory Manager for a HVAC distributor in Pittsburgh, PA. The Territory Manager serves as the leader of the sales process and is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction. To do so, the Territory Manager is expected to conduct a wide range of sales activities in support of the branch and corporate business plans, as well as providing customers with knowledge/solutions from HVAC product lines to meet their business needs.
Continually working to identify new sales opportunities, the Territory Manager is also responsible for identifying and acquiring new customers. Additionally, the sales function necessarily requires developing, building and maintaining long-term customer relationships and maximizing market value.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing knowledge and consultation to potential and existing customers to develop integrated HVAC solutions for equipment, parts and service needs; serving as a consultative resource professional to the contractor and dealer base.
- Conducing ongoing customer visits to build relationships with key accounts and increase business opportunities.
- Conducting post-sale follow up visits to ensure that all sales agreements have been accomplished per company standard and that customers are fully satisfied.
- Analyzing blue prints, plans, specifications, proposals, etc. to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for projects and services.
- Acting as a liaison between inside branch personnel and customers to ensure a seamless delivery of expectations and services.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience with Technical/Trade school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven years of related experience in HVAC industry.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of HVAC terminology and related products.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated abilities in consultative, relationship selling skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with varying customer base.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.