Indoor Air Purification Equipment Manufacturer Looks to Hire National Sales Engineer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a National Sales Engineer for a leading manufacturer of indoor air purification systems. Our Client’s products utilize a proprietary technology that gives it a competitive advantage in the market. The Company has provided solutions to a wide variety of projects in the commercial, industrial, residential and industrial market segments. The National Sales Engineer will have the opportunity to engage in heavy national travel, supporting the Company’s engineering team both at job sites and for in-house engineering functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Assess air handling equipment at potential project sites to determine specific product applications.
- Manage and provide support to installations of ionization equipment by in-house installers or outside sub-contractors
- Perform contaminant concentration calculations using company’s award-winning software to determine outside air reduction possibilities and associated energy savings
- Complete project start-up visits including report generation
- Extensive business travel required for onsite scoping and deployments
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s or Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of HVAC engineering experience with a comprehensive understanding of:
- Mechanical systems used to heat, ventilate, and air condition buildings including chilled water, DX and VRF systems, energy recovery, dedicated outside air systems, VAV systems, etc.
- Outside air intake requirements and how they relate to building energy use.
- Knowledge of current engineering practices, industry standards, and building energy codes.
- Knowledge of the various air purifications technologies such as UV lights and media filtration systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel 50-75% of the time
- Preferable, but not mandatory
- PE, LEED AP, and/or CEM credentials
- Knowledge of ASHRAE’s Standard 62 and the IAQ Procedure
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Due to the extensive travel related to this position, the National Sales Engineer may reside near any major hub airport.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.